fb

Reply To: Rndm brainstorming post to help each other when we got nothing. Yep.

Forums Fiction Plotting Rndm brainstorming post to help each other when we got nothing. Yep. Reply To: Rndm brainstorming post to help each other when we got nothing. Yep.

Rose
@rose-colored-fancy

@erynne

Thank you! And if you have questions or anything don’t be afraid to ask. I honestly don’t mind. (Just throwing that out there since I know how curious you are about things  )

You know me too well XD

The meme I saw was showing writers without siblings drinking a cup labeled “sis and little bro” which is not how siblings work.

I know exactly what you’re talking about XD

I can only speak for brothers but I think all siblings have those weird tendencies. I call my brother a variety of names that range from outright insulting to weird inside jokes that are even more insulting. Or something equally ridiculous. Worse is better. (He does the same for me, this is NOT one sided)

Several examples: “Brethren!!!” “Hey, you,” “[name]!!!” *in an overly delighted, gushy tone*

We also had a phase where we referred to each other strictly by nationalities on opposite sides of any given war. (We’re both history nerds, this was bound to happen)

Uuuhhh my sister calls me Gracelyn, or Kiwi, or Emu or something.

Also, farmyard animals.  Glad to see that’s a theme. He often calls me Sheep. (I don’t know either.)

Basically, it takes three stories and a dramatic leap of the imagination to understand any given conversation between siblings.

I’ve just given up on accurately showing sibling relationships in fiction, it’s too bizarre XD

Without darkness, there is no light. If there was no nighttime, would the stars be as bright?

Pin It on Pinterest