fb

Reply To: NaNoWriMo 2021

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions NaNoWriMo 2021 Reply To: NaNoWriMo 2021

Rose
@rose-colored-fancy

@noah-cochran

Thanks!

What’s your plan for  the manuscript it after this? Are you going to do another large draft? Or just a polish?

Well, I’m sending it to a beta-reader, and after I get the feedback I’m going to apply it (It’ll probably be a pretty big revision, a couple plot threads, scenes, characters etc.)

Then I’ll send it to two more beta-readers (I was thinking about asking you if you’re up for that round, but it’s at least a year away, so don’t worry about it any time soon) and that’ll probably be scene-level revisions, recasting some stuff etc.

Then I’ll probably line-edit and then it’s… done. Wow. That seems too close. It’ll take me more than a year though and I have to repeat that with the other two books too so I won’t be done with this any time soon XD

I just want to say once again that I am AWFUL at revision/second drafts/polishing. I finished my so-called ‘revision’ yesterday, and it was pretty much “fix misspelled words and rewrite the occasional sentence” by the time I was done with it.

Oh, wait, silver lining, one of my side-characters’ hair changed colors and I fixed that. Sweet.

Don’t worry about it, it’s a completely seperate skill from drafting and recognizing any problems is really hard. Especially if you’ve been working on it for a while, it’s almost impossible to tell how good or how bad it is. It’s easy to get stuck on the details, but you haven’t lost anything by it! You’ve probably learned some stuff and picked up a couple patterns for what you tend to do.

If you’re done with the revision, please send it over as soon as you’re ready! I have more time than I know what to do with and I can’t wait to get started 🙂 (I really need something else to work on, I have no idea what to do with myself now this draft is done XD)

Without darkness, there is no light. If there was no nighttime, would the stars be as bright?

Pin It on Pinterest