fb

Reply To: Completely Useless Character Game

Forums Fiction Characters Completely Useless Character Game Reply To: Completely Useless Character Game

Emma Walker
@emma-walker

@calidris

1) Name: Callum or Eli

Nope, but kinda close. Cassidy. My precious boi. This is Lord Cassidy Blaine, or Captain Blaine, since he captains a ship called the Redhawke.

2) Age: Early twenties (but he might look/act older)

Yep! In what I’m writing right now he’s 23.

3) Career/Role in Story: the only son of a wealthy widower, attends a fancy private college, interns at a famous museum for summer break

He is the adopted son to a Duke and Duchess, and the MC in this particular story. This covers the portion of two/three years, because rumors were being spread in a village that he was married to his boss’s daughter. And had a wee toddler and was expecting another.

His boss, Stone Wiley, let’s his daughter, Aspen, take a trip visiting family elsewhere, to get away from the rumors, and he assigns Cass to accompany her and keep her safe.

And in the end after loads of ness they do get married and solve a mystery and yea.

4) Personality: He seems quiet and introspective, intellectual, and perhaps a little bit prone to depression

He is a big bookworm, and thoughtful. He can tease sometimes, and he’s protective. Can be serious in the right situations.

5) Would you be friends with that character?: He seems very thoughtful, so yes!

Yessss I love him.

6) Any other details you may have gotten from the picture: I think maybe he was very sheltered as a child due to his wealthy upbringing.  Maybe he hopes to break out of this bubble and experience the “real world?”

Not as sheltered as you think. Many of his siblings enjoys fishing in a creek, and that’s normally not what the high society does. XD

7) What would this character’s nickname be? Why?: I don’t know, but I think it’s something with zero relation to his own name and only came about as a result of an inside joke at the museum

Usually Cass. But his adopted sister, when she was three, called him Caddy, trying to pronounce Cassidy. And that name stuck, and he enjoyed it, until the sister died, then it was just a painful reminder.

8) Character’s greatest strength: He’s very thorough and observant, and likes to ask hard questions

Yeah, maybe. I think he finds his strength in his wife, though.

9) Character’s fatal flaw: He’s a skeptic, prone to depression/pessimism, and maybe a little bit snobby.  I think he tends to be very self-centered because he grew up so isolated and independent (not necessarily in a selfish way, but more like he just isn’t really that aware of the people around him)

Again maybe, but I’d say stubbornness and anger.

10) Phrase that this character is likely to say: “Why?”

Lol maybe as a kid. He says “Aye.” A lot, instead of yes because the dialect from where he’s from is cool and he has a fun lilt in his voice. Picture an Irish accent I think.

11) Character’s favorite color(s): a deep crimson

Nope. Bright icy blue, the color of his wife’s eyes.

12) Characters family status (parents alive? any siblings or other close family members?): His mother is dead, and his father was often busy.  He has no siblings, but he has a long-time tutor who filled the father/mentor gap in his life.  He also formed close relationships with the servants on his estate

Biologically, no parents, or siblings, but he was adopted by a Duke and Duchess, and had four adopted siblings, Sterling, Windsor, Alexander and Bethany. The sister died young.

He is close to the servants tho, Ryland, Bessie. *nods*

13) Single or taken?: I think he’s single for now, but maybe he has a special lady friend he hopes to woo

He’s marriedddddd.

I think he liked the idea of the rumors and played along with them secretly while he Was wooing Aspen into loving him in return.

14) Character’s children (if any?): No, but he has a pet bird

Haha. He is a ship Captain so I think that’s funny. But he actually just had a baby girl named Bethany Meredith Blaine. He’s such a sweeettttt dadddd I love it.

15) Character’s hobbies: exploring the museum, reading, botany/tree identification

Reading! Spot on. I’d say fishing but that’s Aspen and Alexander’s hobby. Mostly reading.

16) Greatest fear: He desperately wants to explore outside of his bubble, but is afraid too leave the comforts of his wealth/high society

Losing those he loves, like his wife and precious baby girl.

17) Dreams and Aspirations: He wants to travel the world and explore uncharted territories

I bet he used to do that XD hmm. Now it’s just, raising a family, I think.

18) Darkest Secret: He has reason to believe that some of his family’s wealth may have been ill-gotten

Good idea, I might use that, but not as his.

He never told Aspen he was a Lord until he brought her to the mansion and she like freaked out. That was funny.

He only told his parents that he and his adopted sister were betrothed. Everyone else didn’t know that.

But those are found out in the story. I can’t think of any dark secrets he has at present.

19) Peculiarities: He likes to discuss deep/intellectual topics with people, but he’s a terrible listener and unconsciously only cares about what he wants to say.

Lol he’s not that rude.

I love his lilt, but that’s not totally peculiar.

He doesn’t like it when Aspen climbs the rigging of the ship, but she does it anyway.

He can dance and act drunk at the same time.

OHOH He nearly fainted and had to leave the room when his wife was delivering the baby. That was funny too.

"If your goal is purity in heart, be prepared to be thought very odd." -Elisabeth Elliott

Pin It on Pinterest