fb

Reply To: Rubber boots and tennis balls

Forums Fiction Characters Rubber boots and tennis balls Reply To: Rubber boots and tennis balls

Erynne
@erynne

@obrian-of-the-surface-world

Wow, yes I completely agree! You raised many good points.

One of my favorite female protagonists is Katniss Everdeen from the Hunger Games series. Although I enjoy the story and her character I don’t agree that a woman should be the overall “leader” of the army, if you will. I believe that should be the man’s role. Do you agree, biblically speaking?

Another favorite of mine is Jo March from Little Woman. I’m not quite halfway through the book, so I will be speaking mainly from what I’ve seen in the movies (1994 I believe, and 2019 versions). Although I love Jo and can relate to her more than any of them, she is a huge feminist. She doesn’t believe that a woman shouldn’t have the goal in life to get married and raise a family, and I completely disagree. That is what the God commands us women to do. However, Jo is a big tomboy like myself, but how do I incorporate that into female characters without making them seem feminist?

I’ve never seen any DC movies, but thank you for sharing that about Wonder Woman! That was very helpful!

Be weird. Be random. Be who you are. Because you ever know who would love the person you hide.

Pin It on Pinterest