fb

Reply To: Showing Internal Conflict

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Showing Internal Conflict Reply To: Showing Internal Conflict

Rose
@rose-colored-fancy

@this-is-not-an-alien

Waitwait. Three. Months? Drafted…three…WHAT!?! HE FINISHED HIS FIRST DRAFT IN THREE MONTHS????? YOU FINISHED YOUR FIRST DRAFT IN THREE MONTHS NOAH?????
Dang…*is very impressed but determined to find some quip instead of a compliment* Shoot! That’s actually pretty epic!!!

Wait till you hear this! It isn’t just a novel-length book like mine, it’s at least 150k words long!!! That’s twice as long as my manuscript and took half the time! I still barely believe it but I’m extremely impressed!

(Haha, I made a deal: an episode of my script for a chapter of her story to get her to let me beta read… )

(You say that as if I didn’t literally beg to read your script XD)

Also, the script is awesome and I love it and I can’t wait to read more of it, and @noah-cochran I want to highly recommend Cathy as a beta-reader/critique partner. She’s fantastic (and so is her writing! Her characters are incredibly endearing and deep and all of is just so fun.) Her observations are clear, well-thought out, honest without being harsh, and her advice is brilliant. All of it comes down to “Man, that’s so obviously correct I’m embarrassed I didn’t see it before.”

Also she has exceptional insight into characters and plot. Every observation she’s made about my characters is so accurate I’m constantly amazed.

*Is satisfied that I’ve successfully embarrassed my friend*

Without darkness, there is no light. If there was no nighttime, would the stars be as bright?

Pin It on Pinterest