fb

Reply To: Why Do You Love YA?

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Why Do You Love YA? Reply To: Why Do You Love YA?

imwritehere1920
@imwritehere1920

@r-m-archer

Sorry for the late reply!

Those sound like interesting reads.  I also like to read nonfiction to inspire new story ideas; and yes, some classics really get you to think.  Have you ever read Jane Eyre or A Separate Peace? (The latter has some choice words, from what I remember, but other than that, it really made you think.)

“I think YA was easier for me to read when it was one worldly thing amidst my overwhelmingly godly surroundings; but as the world has further decayed and it’s become harder to avoid and I’ve outgrown a couple of the godly communities I was a part of in high school, I’ve found I need more godly–or at the very least thoughtful and edifying–content to balance things out again.”

Yeah, the world is growing darker and it’s hard to find that godly influence.  Where I live, it’s hard to just find a good church and good friends.  How about you?  Do you have a strong church base?

We are all apprentices in a craft where no one ever becomes a master. — Ernest Hemingway

Pin It on Pinterest