fb

Reply To: Hello everyone!

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Hello everyone! Reply To: Hello everyone!

Rose
@rose-colored-fancy

@joy-caroline

Ooh, cool! So basically Ellen G. White was God’s chosen messenger to proclaim truths about the Sabbath and the Second Coming to the world. Some of her main teachings include:

– The importance of the seventh-day Sabbath and why Christians should cherish its observance

– Humans are not immortal (only God is immortal), and thus only the saints are granted immortality at the resurrection of the just.

– There is no place called hell (hell is the agony of being eternally separated from God and literally dead); rather, the wicked are totally destroyed at the end of time.

– God entered the Most Holy Place on October 22, 1844 (Day of Atonement); we do not know when Day of Atonement will be over, but when it is, Christ will come.

That’s so interesting! She sounds like an amazing person 🙂 I’m curious, you mentioned before that you do believe in heaven, but not in immortality after the resurrection. So do you believe everyone except the saints will become mortal again after being resurrected? So everyone will die twice, but the second death is eternal? Sorry if I’m misunderstanding, I’ve never heard about this before 🙂

Also, who do you believe count as saints?

Adventists believe it started on that specific date because of the prophecy of Daniel: “And he said to me, ‘For 2,300 evenings and mornings. Then the sanctuary shall be restored to its rightful state’” (Daniel 8:14). In Biblical prophecy, days (evenings and mornings) represent years. So the timing is 2,300 years. Scholars have identified the exact date of Daniel’s writing, and when you add 2,300 years to that, you get October 22, 1844.

Fun fact: a group of early Adventists (then called Millerites) misinterpreted this prophecy and thought it meant that Jesus would be returning on October 22, 1844. So they sold everything they had and waited in eager anticipation on that day. Needless to say, they were deeply disappointed when Jesus did not come. That day is called the Great Disappointment

Oh, that’s interesting! Yep, miscalculation of the second coming is a universal thing XD I know the Messianics have had it like… five times in the past ten years. Not universally, just like a handful of people who picked a date XD And that’s when Mark 13:32 and Matthew 24:36 come up XD

Without darkness, there is no light. If there was no nighttime, would the stars be as bright?

Pin It on Pinterest