fb

Reply To: Why Do You Love YA?

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Why Do You Love YA? Reply To: Why Do You Love YA?

R.M. Archer
@r-m-archer

Yeah, there’s a lot of junk out there for teens (which was why I moved away from reading in that category when I was in highschool. It’s depressing.)

Yeah, I haven’t read much in YA aside from specific, trusted authors in… a while. Though I can still see benefit to reading it, if you’re able to avoid the worst of the junk. Wrote a blog post on that, actually. Reading YA is just a draining experience for me at this point more than an edifying one, and though that’s not always a bad thing if you’re aware of it, I’ve needed to take more in recently so I’ve been gravitating toward non-fiction and classics, lol.

But I think that’s awesome that you’re looking out for your sisters, and that you have a passion to minister to fellow teens! Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts.

Thanks for asking! I appreciate the discussion. ^-^

Fahrenheit 451

I love this book.

I need to read Animal Farm, too. 1984 has been on my TBR, but between hearing about some more explicit content in it and reading some reviews that indicate Animal Farm is better (I think C.S. Lewis compared the two in passing in one of his essays? I could be remembering wrong), I’m inclined to read Animal Farm at least first if not instead. ;P

Fantasy/dystopian/sci-fi author. Mythology nerd. Worldbuilding enthusiast. Singer. Fan of classic literat

Pin It on Pinterest