fb

Reply To: Why Do You Love YA?

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Why Do You Love YA? Reply To: Why Do You Love YA?

imwritehere1920
@imwritehere1920

@sparrowhawke

I honestly hadn’t thought too hard about this question before and I still don’t have a good answer other than “I’m a young adult myself and so I just find it easiest to write for my own age group”

Oh, there’s no good or bad answer!  Actually, I like it.

I shelve books at my library and cringe every time I have to do the adult fiction section. It’s horrendous. So maybe I’ll try to fix that problem one day by writing adult fic. But at the moment, I don’t think I have the maturity to write for that audience. Nor do I really have any ideas for adult fiction stories. I guess that proves I’m not ready to write that yet–I don’t really have any adulthood experience to draw from.

Yeah, I also don’t feel ready to tackle adult fiction yet.  But I do hope God brings the right story for you to write when you’re ready!  Also, that’s cool that you work in a library!  Do you volunteer, or are you employed?

We are all apprentices in a craft where no one ever becomes a master. — Ernest Hemingway

Pin It on Pinterest