fb

Reply To: Hello everyone!

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Hello everyone! Reply To: Hello everyone!

Rose
@rose-colored-fancy

@joy-caroline

Oh, that’s interesting! Most Adventists actually do not eat meat or dairy because Ellen G. White (our founder and prophetess) warned against it. I rank among the Adventists who take a more relaxed view – I do eat meat, but not very often, and keep the dairy in moderation. I believe Sister White was speaking of her specific times, as back in the 1800s many foods were not safe to eat at all.

That’s so interesting!

I’m a bit curious about Purim. Doesn’t it have something to do with Queen Esther? XD I don’t know much about the Jewish holidays.

It’s the celebration mentioned in Esther 9:17-19 and 9:27. It celebrates the day that the Jews were not massacred. (Odd how often that happens, it’s the exact reason behind Chanuka too XD)
It usually includes reading the book of Esther, giving charity, giving gifts, and celebrating in general.

We personally don’t celebrate it because though it is mentioned in the bible, it isn’t commanded. There’s nothing wrong with celebrating it though 🙂

I actually don’t remember reading these specific dietary laws. The ones I remember best are the ones from Leviticus. This is really interesting! I think most Adventists just believe all vegetables are created equal. (Mushrooms are vegetables, right? XD)

They are XD Most Messianics don’t have any issue with it, but some people interpret it differently.

The next most crucial point is that Adventists do not believe in the doctrine of eternal hell. We believe that the wicked are destroyed in a single instant from the face of the earth, as God is a God of love and He would not make them suffer for eternity. Of course He is a just God too, but justice is made perfect when the wicked die and remain totally dead. It wouldn’t be justice if they went on living in hell.

We personally don’t believe that, but it’s interesting!

Another important point is that Adventists don’t believe in heaven immediately after death. Instead, you stay dead with your soul resting in Jesus until the day He comes to take you to heaven. Then the dead in Christ rise from their graves and those remaining on the earth are caught up to meet them with the Lord in the air.

Yep, that’s what we believe too!

Next, Adventists believe Ellen G. White was the “spirit of prophecy” spoken of in Revelation 19:10. God gave her many visions during her lifetime and she also did miracles. Each one of her prophecies came true. While she isn’t a divine authority and certainly not equal to the writers of the Bible, she was an anointed prophetess, and her words remain a guide for the church.

I’ve heard of her but I’ve never read any of her work. That’s interesting, what are some of her main teachings?

Then we believe that the Day of Atonement began on October 22, 1844, when God entered the Most Holy Place of His Temple and began looking through the record books of everyone who has ever lived. Jesus stands before Him, in the place where we should be, and is even now interceding on our behalf. We don’t know when Day of Atonement will be over – when it is, Jesus will come. That’s another reason we put a lot of emphasis on the Second Coming.

The “Pre-trib, mid-trib, post-trib” is a very common discussion in the Messianic community XD One of those things nobody really agrees on, though I think the majority think the tribulaton is still coming. (Though it’s close! *Gestures vaguely at the entire world in general*)

I’m curious, why do you believe it started on that specific date?

Without darkness, there is no light. If there was no nighttime, would the stars be as bright?

Pin It on Pinterest