fb

Reply To: Journals, retrospective, and odd points of view

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Journals, retrospective, and odd points of view Reply To: Journals, retrospective, and odd points of view

Rose
@rose-colored-fancy

@r-m-archer

I knew it! I loved that book. The sequel was good, too, but not as good as the first one, imo. I haven’t gotten the chance to read the rest of the series.

LOL, Victorian Fantasy doesn’t leave you many options, unless you include steampunk XD

I’m currently on the third book, and I do like it better than the second, it has a bit more variation in the setting. (And it includes portions on the sea and I have an immense weakness for sea stories)

Honestly, the worldbuilding in those books is just astounding. I keep getting more and more impressed as it keeps going. And I really enjoy the characters, they’re very fun 🙂

I can see how the pacing could have felt off. I think I personally found it to suit the story and perspective, but it was maybe not the smoothest.

It did suit the story. It wasn’t very tightly paced action-adventure stuff, it was meant to be a bit slower, and it didn’t detract from the story too much. Even if it did, the premise “Victorian lady who is a dragon naturalist” is enough to keep me reading XD I don’t know how she came up with that but it’s the most brilliant thing XD

Without darkness, there is no light. If there was no nighttime, would the stars be as bright?

Pin It on Pinterest