fb

Reply To: Hello everyone!

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Hello everyone! Reply To: Hello everyone!

Brian Stansell
@obrian-of-the-surface-world

@rose-colored-fancy

@joy-caroline

I love that both of you are discussing this.  Mind if I silently take notes?
Dr. Ben Carson is a Seventh-Day Adventist. I love the man. Such wisdom and a love for our Lord.
My book has a character in it who is a Messianic Jew.
We have had a Messianic Jew come to speak at our church.
There is so much in Jewish history and in the OT traditions that are vital to a full and deeper understanding of the NT.  I love the history of the nation of Israel, but one does not fully appreciate the gospel without knowing the imagery and symbolism God instituted with the Jewish feasts and traditions.  I love hearing how these traditions are observed and how they are understood, especially from those who recognize and accept Yeshua as Messiah.  One of my favorite ministers to listen to is Rabbi Jonathan Cahn, who does expound upon these concepts.
God has a special heart for the Jewish people that endures even through the tragedies and judgments He has had to bring them through to purify them (Jer. 5:19) and get them to turn back to Him. (Jer. 51:5)
The story of Israel is a model of our own personal story of how God pursues us and loves us and reconciles us to Himself.  I still have much to learn as a Gentile, grafted into the Vine, from the Jewish people and the customs they still observe.
I am so thankful for being able to learn from you guys.
May the Lord bless you both today!

Brian Stansell (aka O'Brian of the Surface World)
I was born in war.
Fighting from my first breath.

Pin It on Pinterest