fb

Reply To: Hello everyone!

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Hello everyone! Reply To: Hello everyone!

Rose
@rose-colored-fancy

@joy-caroline
Cool! I actually have heard of Messianic Jews. Correct me if I’m mistaken, but aren’t you guys kind of similar to the New Testament Jewish Christians? The ones that didn’t abandon the Law of Moses when they believed in Jesus as their Lord and Savior. I think Paul and Peter are prime examples of Jewish Christians, as they still observed Mosaic Law (for example, Paul took the Nazarite vow at various intervals).

Oh you have?! This hasn’t happened often XD

Wow, that’s exactly right! The only key difference is that we can’t keep any of the temple commandments, but otherwise it’s really close!

I was actually really impressed with how The Chosen represented this. (I don’t know if you’ve watched it? It’s awesome, we’re almost done with the second season) It’s the little details like all the Jewish characters wearing tzit-tzit. 🙂 (Those tassels on the bottom of their clothes) And how they actually had an episode where they celebrated Sukkot! That was awesome since it was explained really well!

Love that! I think Seventh-Day Adventists and Messianic Jews would probably agree on a lot regarding that. Especially about the Sabbath.

We believe that as a decree God gave at the foundation of the world, and as one of His sacred Ten Commandments, the Sabbath is a serious matter to Him. It definitely isn’t a condition for salvation, it’s just a way to honor God in all areas of our lives, as what He sanctifies should never be taken lightly.

Exactly, that’s why we believe it too! That’s why we keep all the other commandments too because it’s a way of honoring God.

Besides the Shabbat, some of the other observances we keep that most Christians don’t are the other feasts, (we actually just got out of the High Day season with Feast of Trumpets, Day of Atonement, and Feast of Tabernacles.) and the dietary laws. We don’t follow the mention of separating dairy and meat, because we believe that was based on a misinterpretation, but otherwise, we follow it.

Ooh, that would be fun! I’d love to hear more and share more about Adventism with you as well. I love talking about faith.

That would be awesome! 🙂

Without darkness, there is no light. If there was no nighttime, would the stars be as bright?

Pin It on Pinterest