fb

Reply To: Hello everyone!

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Hello everyone! Reply To: Hello everyone!

Joy C. Woodbury
@joy-caroline

@rose-colored-fancy

That’s awesome! We have Shabbat on Saturday too! *High fives*

High fives back!! #shabbatcrew

I’m a Messianic Jew, which is… a complicated thing to explain XD (Don’t worry if you’ve never heard about it, it’s really obscure XD)

Cool! I actually have heard of Messianic Jews. Correct me if I’m mistaken, but aren’t you guys kind of similar to the New Testament Jewish Christians? The ones that didn’t abandon the Law of Moses when they believed in Jesus as their Lord and Savior. I think Paul and Peter are prime examples of Jewish Christians, as they still observed Mosaic Law (for example, Paul took the Nazarite vow at various intervals).

Besides that, we believe that God doesn’t change His mind and that the commandments given in the Torah are still valid and that we should observe them. (Note, we don’t believe this brings us salvation, that comes only from Jesus.)

Love that! I think Seventh-Day Adventists and Messianic Jews would probably agree on a lot regarding that. Especially about the Sabbath.

The Sabbath is the most major point that distinguishes Seventh-Day Adventists from other Christian denominations, as most other Christians observe Sunday instead. One of our most influential founders of the SDA Church, Ellen G. White, received multiple visions regarding Saturday observance. We believe that as a decree God gave at the foundation of the world, and as one of His sacred Ten Commandments, the Sabbath is a serious matter to Him. It definitely isn’t a condition for salvation, it’s just a way to honor God in all areas of our lives, as what He sanctifies should never be taken lightly.

Beyond that, it’s hard to say that all Messianics believe so or so because I’ve never met two Messianics that agree on all points of theology XD But I’d be happy to explain more about what I believe!

Ooh, that would be fun! I’d love to hear more and share more about Adventism with you as well. I love talking about faith.

In the rain the pavement shines like silver
All the lights are misty in the river

Pin It on Pinterest