fb

Reply To: Hello everyone!

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Hello everyone! Reply To: Hello everyone!

Rose
@rose-colored-fancy

@joy-caroline

I actually haven’t noticed before, but now that you point it out, you’re totally right! In a lot of modern literature, female characters only play masculine roles, which I think is very unhealthy because it sends a message that traditionally feminine roles cannot be beautiful too. People are valuable in any role God calls them to.

Exactly! I love to see a bunch of different callings in characters. It just makes me so happy 🙂

Yup. I absolutely abhor when stories continually paint a girl as evil if she likes high heels and nail polish, and as good if she wears sneakers and baseball caps. Like, what’s wrong with either one?! The Not Like Other Girls character is ALWAYS a tomboy who reads books, and it’s so annoying. That doesn’t make you any different from anyone else and it doesn’t make you a hero. Same goes for if you’re a girly girl who likes getting her nails done. That trope is simply ridiculous wherever you find it. *sighs*

You get me! That’s exactly what I think of it.

Yup, I’m an SDA! And I love talking about my faith, so feel free to ask absolutely anything you want to know.   The two most basic facts about Seventh-Day Adventism can be found right in our name: 1) That we believe Saturday, the seventh day of the week, is God’s sanctified Sabbath, so we observe it rather than Sunday; and 2) that we put much emphasis on waiting for the second Advent of Christ and being prepared for heaven.

That’s awesome! We have Shabbat on Saturday too! *High fives*

I’m a Messianic Jew, which is… a complicated thing to explain XD (Don’t worry if you’ve never heard about it, it’s really obscure XD)

I usually explain it as we’re in between Judaism and Christianity. Some people consider us a sub-group of Jews, some consider us a Christian denomination, others think we’re a completely separate religion.

We believe that Jesus Christ was the Son of God and came to earth to save us from our sins and that we find salvation in believing in Him. Besides that, we believe that God doesn’t change His mind and that the commandments given in the Torah are still valid and that we should observe them. (Note, we don’t believe this brings us salvation, that comes only from Jesus.)

Beyond that, it’s hard to say that all Messianics believe so or so because I’ve never met two Messianics that agree on all points of theology XD But I’d be happy to explain more about what I believe!

My favorite kind of antagonists are probably the ones who are still actually kind of good. They get bonus points if they do something kind during the novel.

YES! And villains who try to convince the hero that they’re right, flawless!!

Without darkness, there is no light. If there was no nighttime, would the stars be as bright?

Pin It on Pinterest