fb

Reply To: NaNoWriMo discussion

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions NaNoWriMo discussion Reply To: NaNoWriMo discussion

R.M. Archer
@r-m-archer

I participated in NaNoWriMo from 2015 up until this past year, and I participated on the official site from 2016 onward, I believe. I found it quite helpful for most of those years (there were some years I participated and probably should have skipped due to where I was with certain projects). I don’t plan to participate this year due to a difference in what stage of the writing process I’m in right now, and I deleted my official account due to the worldview promoted by the organization, but I do think that the challenge itself can still be valuable if it suits the writing stage you’re in! It does definitely help to have outside accountability and a concrete goal to shoot for.

If you have Discord and you’re in your teens or 20s, there are a couple of Discord servers (one for teens, one for 20s) that sprung out of a Christian teens thread on the NaNoWriMo site. I’ve been part of that group for years, it’s a great group of people, and we love encouraging each other and helping keep each other accountable both in writing and in general.

Starting a thread on here would also be a great idea! I think we’ve done that in previous years and it’s been a lot of fun. 🙂

Fantasy/dystopian/sci-fi author. Mythology nerd. Worldbuilding enthusiast. Singer. Fan of classic literat

Pin It on Pinterest