fb

Reply To: Animals for Nonfiction Enthusiasts

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Animals for Nonfiction Enthusiasts Reply To: Animals for Nonfiction Enthusiasts

Andrew Schmidt
@andrew

@r-m-watcher

I thinkĀ Flights of Fancy sounds very interesting. I have never heard of a book that discussed such a specific topic, which makes me want to read it. I’ll have to look it up in the next couple days or less.

Classical Greece sounds very ancient but definitely very cool, and I don’t know much about it. Are there any really cool myths or legends you have stumbled across as you researched this era of literature or no?

@calidris

This sounds like a very interesting essay you wrote. California condors are really strange birds, but they’re also really cool.

If I had to pick a favorite bird of all time, I can’t think of one off the top of my because there are so many. On the other hand, if you are talking about backyard songbirds, then I would definitely say the northern cardinal is my favorite. It is funny though, because it is this particular bird that is more responsible than any other bird for drawing people into the birdwatching hobby. For one of my writing assignments, I wrote an article on the northern cardinal and different color variations, from the rare genetic mutation of the completely yellow cardinal (I’m not making this up) to albino and partial albino cardinals, to northern cardinals (believe me or not) that are literally half red and half brown, or half male and female. This is a case of a bilateral gynandromorph cardinal, but it is an extremely rare genetic mutation. You should google it.

Random Stranger: "What do you want to do when you grow up?"
Me: "Write every inch of your future."

Pin It on Pinterest