fb

Reply To: New Discussion Threat For Theological Debate

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions New Discussion Threat For Theological Debate Reply To: New Discussion Threat For Theological Debate

Rusted Knight
@rusted-knight

There isn’t much more for me to say about Transubstantiation, except that the verse talking about the Lord’s Supper are talking about a ordinance/sacrament that the bible command us to do in remembrance of him and what he did for us on the cross. There is no biblical evidence for a literal change to human flesh in a cannibal sense. As for the alleged miracles you mentioned, I mean no offense, but I try to only use the inspired word of God as a basis for my doctrinal beliefs, nothing more, nothing less.

Ok, Transubstantiation is simple and complex at the same time. Jesus said, therefore it is. The bread and wine used in the Eucharist retain there earthly appearance. They retain what our senses can detect. Spiritually however, the substance of the bread and wine is fully the Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity of Jesus Christ. As for the second part, I would suggest reading James 2: 14-26. My own beliefs heavily use the Bible but it is reinforced by what we have discovered. Also its kind of fun to use Christian science to shoot down atheist science.

Absolutely, only ordained bishops/elders and administer the ordiances, if you thought I was saying otherwise, I apologize. I’m not exactly sure what brought that comment up, so if there was some specific reason, enlighten me please.

I was just making sure everything was there.

Except it explicitly says that he does not call all. The word “elect,” found in numerous places, and it means to “choose out of (please read Eph. 1, 1 Peter 1:2, Col. 3:12, and Romans 9, it will help clear up my view). There are two inherent points in this “choose out of.” First, that God is the one choosing, not us. Second, for someone to choose out of (like in an presidential election for instance), that means some people are not  being chosen. Thus, not everyone is going to heaven, only the people God elects and saves according to his will and power. Another big point for God not calling all, is found in Romans 9:13, where is clearly says God hated Esau and loved Jacob, and this is right after it mentions the elect in Romans 9:11.

God invites us to Him. Its like a job interview. Sitting around ain’t going to get the job. Trying to apply is not going to guarantee a hire but continuing to try will help. God will decide who enters Heaven and who does not. But we have to do our part if we want the ticket in.

When Jesus talks about the path being narrow (and I think you agree with me on this), he is talking about the people who walk in the straight and narrow in this life, those who serve him. In other words, the people who serve God during their natural lives and enjoy the earthly Kingdom of God are few and far between (which is evident when one studies history and or watches the news). But again, for us to even begin walking that straight and narrow path that few walk, we must be born again first. Thus, walking that straight and narrow does not get us to heaven, it is instead evidence that we are already in heaven. One has to understand the concept of original sin and total depravity for this to make any sense, so even though we disagree, I would greatly encourage you to go read 1 Cor. 2, Eph. 2:1-9, Rom. 3:9-20, and Rom. 8:1-everything. xD.

Original sin does not make us pure evil. Original sin removes the innocence we originally had in the Garden of Eden. Because of Adam and Eve’s free chose, we all are weak spiritually. Humans, with a singular exception, can never be perfect this side of the grave. But we are not totally lost. This side of the grave is our test. How much are we willing to do to get to the prize?

Predestination is false and the reason is very simple. If God is merciful enough to die for us, would he intentionally cut off people before they even have a chance to prove themselves? It seems rather contradictory.

You still haven’t supplied explicit (and it needs to be explicit) biblical evidence for priests, cardinals, or any of the other hierarchy. As for the Peter verse, we’ll just have to disagree. Throughout the bible Jesus is called the cornerstone of our father, the rock upon which we are built (Acts 4:10-12, Eph. 2:20, 1 Peter 2:6 (is Peter talking about himself there? xD), and more). In the verse I brought up, Jesus is telling Peter (who’s name means Stone, or small rock), that upon this rock (Himself) I will build My church (i.e, Jesus is telling Peter that He (Jesus) is the rock, not Peter, not anyone else, it’s only through Him that the church will stand).

The Acts of The Apostles provides most of the answers. Deacons and Priests serve the people, spreading the news. (Acts 6: 1-7) The Bishops, Archbishops, Cardinals and Pope work to oversee the Church, to lead it and correct errors. (Acts 15 for the first ecumenical counsel)

In Romans 3, Paul quotes from Psalms 14 and 53 which say there are none good, no not one. Including Mary. Mary was a sinner just like the rest of us, and she needed salvation just like the rest of us. God using her as a abode for himself in infant form does not give her status as a perfect human being. As for the Exodus examples, they are kinda a stretch. xD

In his salutation to Mary, the angel Gabriel calls Mary “full of grace”. This is unique to Mary. Mary had to be pure to care for Jesus during his Hidden Life. The Exodus example is by no means a stretch. The Old Testament points to the signs that will led to Jesus. Mary is his mother and so must be mentioned as she is.

I would very highly suggest reading the Catechism of the Catholic Church. It is the dictionary, if you will, for everything we Catholic believe. It will have footnotes for Biblical passages as well as ecumenical counsels and doctors of the church.

The Devil saw me with my head down and got excited. Then I said Amen

Pin It on Pinterest