fb

Reply To: New Discussion Threat For Theological Debate

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions New Discussion Threat For Theological Debate Reply To: New Discussion Threat For Theological Debate

Neasa
@irishcelticredflowercrown

Another fellow Catholic here 🙂 @noah-cochran I love your open mind and willingness to learn about the Catholic faith. Good on you!! 🙂 im not as educated as these two, so my (not so helpful😅) recommendation is to check out the youtube channel Ascension Presents, they manage to explain all the different bits and pieces about Catholicism. Just in case your interested🙂

Plus – and this may be a little too much for you and thats okay cause this isn’t actual Catholic doctrine 🙂 – but I do recommend checking out the sources on the apparitions of the Virgin Mary. Particularly Our Lady of Fatima, Our Lady of Guadalupe and Our Lady of Akita. They have been confirmed as actual apparitions which by the way is no easy feat. The Church takes alleged apparitions very seriously, they don’t just accept every story and allegation that comes their way. There’s an entire process they need to do, and the same goes for miraculous healings. For example Medjugorje, in Bosnia and Herzegovina, is a place where several children allegedly saw a vision of Our Lady before the Bosnian war occurred. I think apparitions are still supposed to be taking place there, but its under review by the Church and has been for years. I think there were a couple of incidents that occurred that kind of put the whole thing into question. So you do have to be very cautious when it comes to these events. Still my mentor went to Medjugorje and had a huge conversion, literally went from juvenile delinquent to on fire Catholic! So even though its not officially confirmed by the church (they simple acknowledge that something miraculous happened there) its still a pilgrimage site and so many people have had their lives changed. Even if you don’t believe the apparitions happened, which is totally understandable they are pretty hard to wrap your head around🙂 and of course the apparitions ain’t the foundations of the Church either, and the Bible is still the official undying Word of God – at the end of the day they’re still fascinating to read about 🙂

@rusted-knight
and @this-is-not-an-alien wow your education on Catholic doctrine makes me look inferior🤣, compared to you I know very little haha.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by Neasa.
  • This reply was modified 1 month ago by Neasa.

Pin It on Pinterest