fb

Reply To: Howdy, y’all!

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Howdy, y’all! Reply To: Howdy, y’all!

calidris
@calidris

@the-unwavering-writer of course!  We’re so happy to have you here!

I was a huge fan of the art style of the movie.  A lot of cg movies nowadays look bland and uninspired, and sometimes just plain ugly.  I thought it was super cool how they were able to have a cg movie that really captured the feel of a comic book, while still managing to be something completely new and different.  It was really creative, and in my opinion, it just looked so good!  I also really like the characters, and I really like stories involving weird time and reality bending stuff (Interstellar is another one of my favorites – I plan on watching a lot of Christopher Nolan’s stuff one day.)  I have to be honest, I thought that it was really cool how they were able to mix rap with traditional orchestral pieces for the soundtrack, but that all comes down to preference.

1. I don’t think I’ve ever heard of Silas Marner before.  I’ll have to check it out!  I completely agree about Christian romance books – insincere is the perfect way to describe it.  In all honesty, I haven’t come across much Christian media that I feel really captures the truth of the Gospel and of Christ, but that could be because I don’t really read/watch it.  I feel like nowadays it’s gotten very watered down and shallow – which is unappealing to both Christians and non-believers alike.  I think that my favorite Christian book series has to be the Chronicles of Narnia.  It is just so heartfelt, and the books are genuinely well written and hold up even as you get older.

I actually don’t read much fiction – mainly because I can’t find books I like.  I do really like books about lesser known points in history, really the stuff you don’t learn about in school.  If you ever want recommendations, I have plenty 🙂

My current project, Spire, is a dystopian fantasy revolving around a resistance party’s efforts to prevent a corrupt city from being destroyed.  I honestly haven’t been doing that much writing outside of the character castles, though.  I’m pretty sure others have already asked you this, but what’s your WIP about?

2. Oh man, they’re so good though!  But, you shouldn’t watch them if you’re not into it – they are really, really long (especially if you’re watching the extended editions).  I love lotr – both the books and the movies!  You know, I don’t think I’ve done a haiku since third grade, so we’re on the same page there.  I’m talking about Haikyuu, which is a fantastic sports anime about a high school boys volleyball team.  I recently started the 4th season, so I’m nearing the end 🙁  But, there’s supposed to be a 5th one coming out sometime this year, so we’ll see!  I don’t know how much you’ll like it, but I absolutely love it – and this is coming from a person who hated sports lol

You can probably find the character castles in the recent activity page of the forum 🙂

I’m looking forward to seeing you there, if you choose to join!   You can drop characters in or take them out whenever you want, so there’s no pressure 🙂

*laughs as one fey*

Pin It on Pinterest