fb

Reply To: Howdy, y’all!

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Howdy, y’all! Reply To: Howdy, y’all!

Noah Cochran
@noah-cochran

@the-unwavering-writer

Instead of naming a single book (that’s kinda impossible xD), I’ll name a couple authors. Dan Jones (best known for his book on the Plantagenet, I’m currently reading his Wars of the Roses one), is absolutely fantastic. Makes it interesting, but includes tons of info and references from contemporary sources. Frances and Joseph Gies are the definitively best source for learning about day to day life in the middle ages. Their life in the medieval Castle, Village, and City books are phenomenal, and even after reading them, I continue to searchΒ  them for info when I’m writing.

Keep up the writing, let me know if you ever publish anything and I’ll check it out. πŸ™‚

The stand alone novel I’m working on is a action adventure novel set in medieval France, so it is historical fiction, but all events and characters are fictional (though historical things are referenced). I’m hoping to finish it and start editing this November. πŸ™‚ I’ll write up an actual synopsis sometime (as you mentioned doing yourself πŸ™‚ ), but for now, I’ll just say that the title is “The Thief’s Dilemma,” and the book begins with one of the main characters, Hugon, a thief. πŸ™‚

Spoons is chaotic, I’ve played some pretty crazy games of it. xD

Pin It on Pinterest