fb

Reply To: Learning by reading

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Learning by reading Reply To: Learning by reading

Rose
@rose-colored-fancy

@joelle-stone

Awesome to see you here!

Ooh, I’ve heard of that one!

Likes: I went into this thinking that I’d probably end up disliking his writing style, since I’ve read a few of his other books and been a little disappointed that the plot was so great but the writing was so bad.

I think this was mostly why I haven’t seriously looked at it. I read both the Kingdom series and Knights of Arathterrae (I can’t spell that, you know what I mean)

I mean… I totally get what you mean. The writing was… eehhh. That’s the only way I can put it XD Too much telling, the pacing was off, melodrama was frequent, and the allegory in the first one wasn’t really clever or interesting. (Whenever I think of those books I think of the word “Excruciating.” XD That was the only way he ever described any wound to keep it from being too graphic and it became an inside joke XD)

However, it seems he fixed those issues! I’ll look into it, thanks for the recommendation!

@noah-cochran

Okay, okay, I’ll get to the Hunger Games eventually. xD

LOL, glad I convinced you! XD

Really enjoying y’all’s discussion, I totally agree with both of you!

Without darkness, there is no light. If there was no nighttime, would the stars be as bright?

Pin It on Pinterest