fb

Reply To: Controversial Opinion: “Reading makes your writing better” is bad advice

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Controversial Opinion: “Reading makes your writing better” is bad advice Reply To: Controversial Opinion: “Reading makes your writing better” is bad advice

Rose
@rose-colored-fancy

@noah-cochran

So…you see similarly to me, but not the same. LRC and I were arguing about which one of us you agree with.

Pretty much! I find it really interesting how everyone who has posted has a slightly different opinion, nobody is actually completely agreeing.

I guess that means we’ve all thought about it XD

Oh Rose, I’ve had much experience with this in my family as well. xD My dad has to stop my sister from doing this all the time, though I do it a good deal as well. Is there ever that moment while your watching the movie where someone has to get up, you pause the movie, and then people start verbalizing their thoughts, theories, and critiques? That happens all the time in my home. xD

Exactly! Besides the inevitable analysis, I’m the kind of person who talks to movie characters (so is my brother once he gets invested) so movies always have a running commentary XD

I’ve had that thought many a time.   The amount of garbage that I start reading and then either stop, or by the time I finish the book  want to beat the daylights out of the characters, is huge. xD

Exactly! It’s kinda comforting in an odd way XD

Without darkness, there is no light. If there was no nighttime, would the stars be as bright?

Pin It on Pinterest