fb

Reply To: Hey guys!

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Hey guys! Reply To: Hey guys!

calidris
@calidris

@obrian-of-the-surface-world thank you for being understanding 🙂

I was inspired to set this story in a similar situation after reading “A Short History of Nuclear Folly.”  It was incredibly eye opening, because for a long time I had assumed that the Soviets were the “bad guys” in the conflict.  The Soviet regime was horrible and oppressive, but there was a lot of bad things that happened in the US that I had been unaware of – namely human experimentation (An Inuit hunting ground was deliberately contaminated as part of an experiment, and researchers injected people with uranium salts, without their consent, of course).  One of the things that I find very interesting about history is that there are no “good guys” in any of these conflicts, just different degrees of bad.  Even good intentions can be corrupted, which is also something that was explored in this book.  Of course, this is all because humans are inherently sinful and corrupt, which is why we need Jesus so desperately.  This is a secular book, but I highly recommend it – it’s written by a German author, and the translation is poor at times, but it was a very eyeopening read.

*laughs as one fey*

Pin It on Pinterest