fb

Reply To: Hey guys!

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Hey guys! Reply To: Hey guys!

Brian Stansell
@obrian-of-the-surface-world

@calidris

Hi Calidris,

I am so very proud of you!

I am wary of getting too personal with older men on the internet (I’m sure you understand why)

Yes, I absolutely understand.  There is no way to be sure.  Be careful out there.

My current wip is a fantasy, so it isn’t based on earth.  It’s very much influenced by the cold war and the nuclear arms race

I well know that period, and my wife is from Russia (she is a Christian and translated for American Missionaries when she was in college there), so I have a perspective from both sides of the Cold War and the arms race.  I wasn’t quite old enough to vote for Reagan, but I would have in a minute.  I have a particular loathing for Communism and know firsthand how it undermines and deceives to gain political power and keep people under oppression, stifling the individual person value God gave us on the alter of the “good of the collective”.  Jesus Christ is the only one who can balance personal good with the collective good and reconcile them to Himself.

I do wish you well in your writing.  Check out the Topics in the Forum, or start one.  You will find lots of people here who are so encouraging.
God Bless.

Brian Stansell (aka O'Brian of the Surface World)
I was born in war.
Fighting from my first breath.

Pin It on Pinterest