fb

Reply To: Hey I’m new here

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Hey I’m new here Reply To: Hey I’m new here

Emily Waldorf
@emily-waldorf

Hey, @rose-colored-fancy, sorry for the late-ish reply! I cannot figure out how you quoted me, so I put your quotes in quotation marks:

“That’s awesome! I write fantasy, as I said before, I still haven’t figured out whether it fits into high or low fantasy XD It has no fantasy races or magic, but it’s set in another world. Kind of alternate history, I guess. That’s also what I like to read, but I enjoy most genres. I love mysteries, some classics, historical fiction, some dystopias and sci-fi. What are your favorite classic books? My favorites are Great Expectations, The Railway Children, The Secret Garden, and the Anne of Green Gables series.”

Oh, yeah, you said that already–sorry. What are your favorite mystery authors? Have you read/heard of Dorothy Sayers? Even though I love a more classic style, I haven’t read many, unfortunately. I dearly want to read Great Expectations. I really like C.S. Lewis–oh, all of his books are so different and yet so the same I don’t know which is my favorite. I really enjoyed Till We Have Faces and That Hideous Strength. (besides Narnia, of course). I also really liked Jane Eyre, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, and A Tale of Two Cities. I just read it a month ago and am re-reading it, I loved it so much.

“That’s so awesome! Adjusting to disabilities is such a cool premise! I actually have an arc like that in my last book, and I’ve been worrying about it and doing as much research as I can get my hands on XD Quin sounds like a cool character! I’ve been writing for about a year and a half, and I’ve written the first drafts of the first two parts of a trilogy. (I actually finished the first draft of book two a few days ago!) I first want to go back and do one or two revisions before I write the third book and edit everything again. (Repeat ad infinitum XD) It’s a fantasy with the setting based on Medieval North Africa, which is just so much fun to write! The premise of the first book is that the princess of a desert tribe has to rescue her older brother after he was captured in a raid by an enemy tribe and she has to try to prevent a war.”

Thanks! I hope he’s a cool character, but…yeah.

Do you do plots or characters better?

You write fast! That is so wonderful! Congratulations!! I don’t know what Medieval North Africa was like. Yes, editing goes on forever. I think I’m on the 4th edit of my novella. (my other WIP). Oooh, your book sounds so lovely! Great stakes you’ve got going on there.

“What’s your favorite part of your WIP? I think my favorite part is my protagonist, Princess Liorah. She’s rebellious, bold, sassy and determined, and she’s just too much fun to write! I also really enjoy the setting and the side characters. ”

Is Liorah a real name? What are your side characters’ names? Side characters are so much fun!! In my novella I have one of my all-time favorite characters, Pastor Luke Swan. He is unconventional, with a sense of humor and a rock solid faith…really a sweet guy, but he can be a little scary, too.

My favorite part in “As Morning Comes” would be…this will sound weird, but maybe the love triangle between some of my characters. Quin and Anika are together, but unbeknownst to Quin, Anika’s friend Natalya loves him, too. But it comes out in meanness, which will be interesting and challenging to write. I also love the character arc of Quin’s brother. But I haven’t written any of this yet, I’m still outlining it in my head. 🙂

“Do you have any hobbies besides writing? I’m a digital artist, I have two horses, one of which I ride, I sew, and I play the Celtic harp!”

Only a few ‘real’ hobbies, but I like reading, watching movies, playing games, playing piano, and writing letters. Celtic harp is beautiful! What made you alight on that instrument?

Pin It on Pinterest