fb

Reply To: Hey guys!

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Hey guys! Reply To: Hey guys!

Bethania Gauterius
@sparrowhawke

@calidris

I’ve heard great horned owls and heard and seen barn owls here. I think those are my favorite owl species, but burrowing owls and snowy owls are super adorable too! If you’ve never heard a barn owl, look up its call. It’s very creepy. They’re called ghost owls for good reason.

I think I like the Costa’s hummingbird best, but the ones in Central and South America are really pretty and super colorful and unique. I don’t even know how the ones with beaks or tails longer than their bodies can fly.

Wow, the only book I’ve heard of on that list is Radium Girls. The Genius of Birds sounds really interesting. Have you ever heard of How Should We Then Live by Francis Schaeffer? It’s a book about history from a Christian perspective. I’m still reading it, but it’s very good so far. What’s your favorite time period? I love ancient and classical history.

Also, if you’re interested, look up stuff about Denmarks response to the Holocaust. They managed to get over 90% of their Jewish population out of the country on a single night. It’s an incredible story

I actually heard about that from the book Number the Stars by Lois Lowry! Definitely amazing.

What kind of art do you like to do?

I mostly draw/sketch. I usually do people or faces so I can draw my characters. I find I’m pretty good when I’m copying a photo, but not so good making up faces on my own. I’d love to try digital art in the future too. What about you?

"For He knows our frame; He remembers that we are dust." - Psalm 103:14

Pin It on Pinterest