fb

Reply To: Hey guys!

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Hey guys! Reply To: Hey guys!

calidris
@calidris

@sparrowhawke  hummingbirds are so cool!  I think that owls are my favorite.  So far I’ve seen great horned owls, northern pygmy owls, short eared owls, and a barred owl.  I would love to see all of the owl species in my area someday, but they’re so hard to find lol.  I also really love California condors and turkey vultures (which we also have in our area).  What are your favorite species of hummingbirds and owls?

Here’s a list of recommendations 🙂  i have to warn you, it’s all history, so a lot of it can get pretty depressing

Sabotage

Charlatan

Radium Girls (my school actually put on a play based on this book)

Black death at the golden gate

A short history of nuclear folly

Hunting Eichmann

We die alone

Flu – this one was very interesting, but it didn’t really have that much of an ending because it’s an ongoing story

The genius of birds – not history, but a very interesting book about different forms of avian intelligence 🙂

Also, if you’re interested, look up stuff about Denmarks response to the Holocaust.  They managed to get over 90% of their Jewish population out of the country on a single night.  It’s an incredible story 🙂

I have to say, it’s probably gandalf.  I also really like elrond and galadriel – all three characters gain more so much more depth after you’ve read about their history in the Silmarillion.  Also, eowyn is super cool lol

What kind of art do you like to do?

*laughs as one fey*

Pin It on Pinterest