fb

Reply To: Hello everyone!

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Hello everyone! Reply To: Hello everyone!

Brian Stansell
@obrian-of-the-surface-world

@joy-caroline

Hi Joy,

I would love to read some of your work. Do you ever share it with beta readers?  I have a particular affinity for the Apostle Paul.

I’m not completely decided between traditional or self-publishing. I always thought it would be traditional, but then I actually did research on that route. The main thing holding me back is that I’ve heard the publisher has the final say on changes to your novel, and you could get an editor who doesn’t agree with you on what the final product should be. So you could end up with your novel completely changed from how you wanted. My goal with TAS is to write what God leads me to, not what an editor or publisher wants. So I’ve actually started seriously considering self-publishing. I’m not yet sure which way God wants me to go, so I’m basically waiting to see where He takes me!

I had heard the same.  I wanted to retain the full title to my work and a better percentage so I am going the self-publishing route.  It is more costly on the front end, but not too far out.  I went with WestBow Press (a division of Thomas Nelson and Zondervan publishing). If you are interested, I can send you a link of the publishing packages available.

I hear Amazon is buying up books they don’t like and taking them out of print to forward a political agenda.  I don’t like that a bit, so I am avoiding them and their schemes.  Their publishing venue gives them too much control.  Read the fine print.

Brian Stansell (aka O'Brian of the Surface World)
I was born in war.
Fighting from my first breath.

Pin It on Pinterest