fb

Reply To: Hello everyone!

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Hello everyone! Reply To: Hello everyone!

Joy C. Woodbury
@joy-caroline

@rose-colored-fancy

Yay! I’ll let you know when I have that short story done, then. Prequels are a lot of fun – and really good for seeing the backstory play out in real time, that way it doesn’t seem so distant.

Glad to see I’m not the only one who does the first draft and then spends months developing the characters before rewriting! That’s exactly what I’ve been doing and it does help so much. I have a much better idea of all my characters and that makes it so much easier to revise!

TOTALLY! I just feel like I need to get to know my characters much better before I’m able to realistically write their story. The only thing about character profiles is that I plan out everyone’s motivation, desire, fear, flaw, lie, etc., and then I get overwhelmed with thinking I won’t be able to portray it so majestically in the actual story. XD

Winter, White and Wicked has been pretty good so far, although I’m only like 25 pages into the story. I don’t read a ton of fantasy (beyond Lewis lol), so it will be an interesting experience for me. I’ll definitely let you know when I’m finished if it’s something I would recommend!

In the rain the pavement shines like silver
All the lights are misty in the river

Pin It on Pinterest