fb

Reply To: Completely Useless Character Game

Forums Fiction Characters Completely Useless Character Game Reply To: Completely Useless Character Game

Brian Stansell
@obrian-of-the-surface-world

@irishcelticredflowercrown
Hi Neasa!

You’ve got a nice anime vibe going there.  Very well done!

You all are so very talented!  I am amazed, challenged, and I love interacting with all of you and seeing your gifts on display and be celebrated.

So, I will try my guesses.

1) Name: Hakota, Janreel, Auroba (seems like it might be some sort of tribal sounding name)

2) Age: Hundreds of years, but relative to her life span, she might be the equivalent of thirty.  The presence of wrinkles complicates it.  It would depend on her diet and lifestyle and exposure to UV rays that might affect the signs of aging.  I have seen younger people in their twenties with more wrinkles, but it was due to one or more of those contributing factors as well as genetic predispositions.

3) Career/Role in Story: She has a fierce aspect and the war stripes make me think she is a warrior or some kind of guard or even an assassin.

4) Personality: Fierce, determined, guarded, suspicious.  Her eyes and her stern gaze seem to indicate most of this.

5) Would you be friends with that character?: Depends on whether or night we are fighting on the same side and for the same causes.  If so, she would be a welcomed and strong ally.  If not, she may be one that I would have trouble trusting and would have to look over my shoulder too much.

6) Any other details you may have gotten from the picture: Her hair is in tight woven braids, which would take quite a bit to keep like that unless she wore it like that all of the time.  If she is a warrior, she would need to be ready at a moment’s notice and not be wasting her time fixing her hair.  If these are dreadlocks then she might be ruining her hair if she doesn’t keep it clean and healthy with some sort of treatment.  Also, long hair can be a liability in a fight or if she is seized from behind.  She would need to keep her peripheral fields of vision clear.  She would also need to blend in with her surroundings if she is the warrior I think she might be, so she would have to keep her hair clean enough not to smell, but avoid revealing fragrances, unless she plans to hide out in a field of flowers.  Some vets have told me that they had to avoid the temptation to use fragranced soaps if they hoped to survive jungle warfare.  They had to mimick the smells of the native fighters as much as possible to stand a chance in camoed cover.

7) What would this character’s nickname be? Why? : Serrient, Mausumi (beauty, monsoon wind) or Wasula (stormy) – I get the sense that she is like a storm on the horizon or a fierce wind

8) Character’s greatest strength: I think a part of her enjoys a fight, so she would be skillful with quick weapons, possible blades or arrows.  She seems very determined, so that is a credit.

9) Character’s fatal flaw: Easily irritated or provoked. She may have a temper she has difficulty controlling and a sharp tongue to go with her blades.

10) Phrase that this character is likely to say: “Idiots! Slow-witted troglodytes! I’ll do it myself!”

11) Character’s favorite color(s): Blue and black

Brian Stansell (aka O'Brian of the Surface World)
I was born in war.
Fighting from my first breath.

Pin It on Pinterest