fb

Reply To: Hello everyone!

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Hello everyone! Reply To: Hello everyone!

Joy C. Woodbury
@joy-caroline

@rose-colored-fancy

You might have told me already, but what draft are you on?

I’m on the second draft, but right now I’m doing a lot of preparation like character profiles and stuff. It’s quite exciting! I won’t be ready for beta readers for The Apostle’s Sister itself for quite a while, but I’m writing a prequel short story for one of the characters that I may ask for feedback on when I’m done if you’re interested. 😀

Exactly! Or even worse, when she’s “Not LIke OtHEr GiRls”. She’s so special and unlike the others, she isn’t at all shallow and she despises everything ‘other girls’ do. If a character does that, I instantly disconnect from her XD

SAME! I absolutely cannot STAND all those “nOt lIkE oThEr GiRlS” characters. XD Yeah, it’s so irritating!

The main story is centered around Ella and her friendship with a dreamy girl named Rose. (Guess where I got my username? XD)

Let me guess it’s from that character! 😉 That’s awesome!

Also, I love fashion history, and the author is a dress historian, so the dress descriptions are flawless.

I think what I loved most was the tone. You’d expect the story to be grim and hopeless, but it’s so alive and colorful and so hopeful. It doesn’t take anything away from how horrific the situation was, but the overall tone is so incredibly hopeful. It’s one of my favorite books of all time, I really loved it.

That book sounds wonderful! I’ll have to put it on my super long TBR. XD I’m gonna read Winter, White and Wicked by Shannon Dittemore next (it’s gonna arrive in the mail tomorrow), and then I have a few more to read, then I’ll read this one! 😀

In the rain the pavement shines like silver
All the lights are misty in the river

Pin It on Pinterest