fb

Reply To: Hello everyone!

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Hello everyone! Reply To: Hello everyone!

Rose
@rose-colored-fancy

@joy-caroline

Thanks! I do, too. The most interesting thing is that they always stay good friends, even though they have so many rough patches along the way. When Temira carries home an abandoned baby, it gets even more interesting, ’cause Paul’s oldest nephew isn’t exactly in support of the adoption. At least not at first. Can’t reveal too much of that either. XD I have so much fun portraying Paul and Temira’s different parenting styles. Temira is a bit of a helicopter, while Paul is mostly authoritarian but has some severe authoritative moments at times. Their parenting is kind of influenced by the way their own father treated them, because they REALLY don’t want to be like him and can take that desire to an extreme if they’re not careful.

Ooh, that’s so cool! I think that’d be really awesome and show a lot about their characters!

I relate so much to poor Liorah right now… *hides*

Aww! *Gives you a big hug*

Yay! And I’d love to put you on the future beta-readers list.

Awesome! *Bounces in excitement* You might have told me already, but what draft are you on? I’m not going to need beta-readers until I finish the second revision, and I’ve barely started with the first. (So it’s going to be quite a while XD)

I know. The super masculine ones annoy me, too! Why do authors seem to think that makes a girl character “strong” or “courageous”? It just makes them irritating. XD

Exactly! Or even worse, when she’s “Not LIke OtHEr GiRls”. She’s so special and unlike the others, she isn’t at all shallow and she despises everything ‘other girls’ do. If a character does that, I instantly disconnect from her XD

Ohmigoodness, LOL!

Yeahh… that’s what Liorah’s like XD All the time XD

Yes, if you couldn’t tell by now, I think you should give it a go. XD If you haven’t heard the musical, you should TOTALLY check out the Original London Cast recording. *realizes I’m listening to the musical as I type this*

Ooh, cool! I’ll look into it! I love musicals! My favorites are “Singing in the Rain” and “My Fair Lady”!

Hmm, I haven’t heard of that book. I really liked the setting in The Book Thief as well. It wasn’t especially picturesque, but was described so well and fit smoothly with the plot.

Oh, yes, that was really good! The author is excellent at describing things!

The Red Ribbon (By Lucy Adlington) is really really good! It’s about the dressmakers of Auswitch, who made dresses for the commanders’ wives. The main story is centered around Ella and her friendship with a dreamy girl named Rose. (Guess where I got my username? XD)

The characters are captivating and unique, the descriptions are vivid and lively, the entire book is extremely atmospheric. Also, I love fashion history, and the author is a dress historian, so the dress descriptions are flawless.

I think what I loved most was the tone. You’d expect the story to be grim and hopeless, but it’s so alive and colorful and so hopeful. It doesn’t take anything away from how horrific the situation was, but the overall tone is so incredibly hopeful. It’s one of my favorite books of all time, I really loved it.

Without darkness, there is no light. If there was no nighttime, would the stars be as bright?

Pin It on Pinterest