fb

Reply To: How do I prevent outlining from becoming a creativity killer?

Forums Fiction Plotting How do I prevent outlining from becoming a creativity killer? Reply To: How do I prevent outlining from becoming a creativity killer?

Ashley Tegart
@ashley-tegart

@nataliecone

That’s awesome you found a nice journal! Yes, a good pen and journal makes all the difference. I love sitting at a coffee shop with a mocha and my pen/notebook! 😃

For my current WIP the bands I listen to a lot are Project 86 and Red, both Christian rock bands (especially when I’m brainstorming). I don’t always listen to music with lyrics when actually writing, so I do love TV and movie soundtracks! I’ve found music from Star Wars, Avatar the Last Airbender, and Pokémon (of all things!) has been good writing music lately.

What soundtracks do you like to listen to while writing?

I do almost all of my outlining with pen and paper. I’ll sketch out a three act plot structure thing (I don’t know what to call it🤣) and make sure I can pinpoint the incident, midpoint, climax, etc. Once I have that ironed out, I’ll write up a chapter-by-chapter outline with a one or two sentence summary of what happens in each chapter. I’ll type those up once they’re written. Next I turn that into a multi-page synopsis, but I almost always type those because they are so long and I like to go back and add details.

Pin It on Pinterest