fb

Reply To: Lost Short Story Writer

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Lost Short Story Writer Reply To: Lost Short Story Writer

Brian Stansell
@obrian-of-the-surface-world

@nataliecone

Hi Natalie,

Welcome to the crew for you. We are often a misunderstood group because God calls each one of us down a unique path of gift expression. Even those closest to us won’t understand our drive and passion, because they may be gifted in other areas.  It is not about fitting in, but finding where you fit, and I think you have found the right place.

In 1 Corinthians 12, Paul breaks the idea down that each one of us, though members of the same body, have individual functions and value to serves the whole, and no part is diminished because it is not designed the same as another part.

Your creative expressions and tastes are all unique to you and they fit into a wonderful tapestry of color, waft and weave.  Celebrate your own uniqueness, because God’s Designs are never without Divine Purpose and Planned Expression.  You are a uniquely carved puzzle piece that fits.  The full design can never be appreciated without your part in it. So welcome!

We would love to hear about how God expresses Himself through your gifts, talents, and desires.  We need good short story writers. And your burgeoning gifts are celebrated and encouraged here at Story Embers.

As you have already (sadly) learned, sometimes the Form submissions do not always go through, so typically, many of us will type out response in an open Word.doc or whatever word-processing software you use local on your devices.  Then we copy it and paste it into the form, click the submit button and cross-our-fingers. If it takes, you will see the screen scroll down to the bottom, and your new entry will appear last.

Be sure and click the “Notify me” tick box, so that you can receive email responses as back-up to any replies made to one of your entries or queries.  Also, each one of us have a moniker or tag or whatever the little “alias” is called.  If you want to address one of us specifically just use an ampersand (@) followed immediately by the name tag of who you are responding to specifically.

You can also go up and highlight a section of text in a prior post on the feeds and hit the “quote” button to excerpt that text into the waiting form box below.  This helps if you want to address a specific part of a question one of us poses or comment on something someone said.

Feel free to explore the Forums. Join as many Groups as meet your tastes and fancy. You will find wonderful and mutually supportive writers hear of all stripes and backgrounds.  We are a delightfully simmering stew of ideas and creative challenges.

Some of us are new, some are published, some are hoping to be published, and some are terrified of being published and need a lot of reassurances.  But God equips those He calls, and nothing is impossible with Him, so allow for some iron sharpening and we welcome you to sharpen us.

Blessings to you and let us know if there is anything we can help you find or figure out or even pray for you about.

Clicking on any of our little picture tags takes you to our individual profiles, so you can see what we may be up to or if we have our own little sites or blogs that you would like to follow.
I am one of the creatives that need a little dusting off, because I had set my gift aside for what I thought was a growing up period, but God brought me back around to it, reminding me of 1 Corinthians 1:27, that He uses what we tend to dismiss to great effect.

Brian Stansell (aka O'Brian of the Surface World)
I was born in war.
Fighting from my first breath.

Pin It on Pinterest