fb

Reply To: Hello everyone!

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Hello everyone! Reply To: Hello everyone!

Rose
@rose-colored-fancy

@joy-caroline

Hmm, some others I like are shy/antisocial protagonists (as long as it’s portrayed well), siblings who are best friends, the reluctant adoptive parent and mischievous adoptive child, the creepy and mysterious villain, and the villain with a tragic past.

Ooh, those are awesome! Lemme see… I have all of those in my WIP, except for the reluctant adoptive parent and adoptive child. I will actually have an accidental adoption situation, but it isn’t really reluctant.

I also really love the siblings as best friends trope! It’s basically the driving force behind my entire series and it’s really fun!

Some more I thought of are melodramatic characters, (Like, intentionally, not as bad writing), girly-girl characters who aren’t treated as shallow, and main characters who aren’t orphans. I mean, it is hard to write a younger protagonist and have them do plot stuff without their parents stopping them, but you can work your way around it and I really like seeing close, supportive families in fiction because it’s really rare.

Also, families with more than two children. In my current WIP, one of the protagonists comes from a family of seven and it’s the most glorious chaotic thing to write XD Though, it’s hard juggling so many dynamics at the same time and trying to write a conversation with so many people.

What is one of your least favorite tropes?

Without darkness, there is no light. If there was no nighttime, would the stars be as bright?

Pin It on Pinterest