fb

Reply To: Writing Descriptions

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Writing Descriptions Reply To: Writing Descriptions

Noah Cochran
@noah-cochran

@rose-colored-fancy

Thanks for the tips Rose! I was wondering how strong the character voice was, I’m glad you thought it was decent. ๐Ÿ™‚

Wait, so you study life during the middle ages? Have you read the Frances Gies books? What sources do you use? Or were you just saying you study women’s hair styles through history? xD

In regard to women wearing their hair loose, I did know that is was more common by far for them to wear it in braids or piled around or on top of their head. However, I had thought that many of the poorer classes often (or at least once in a while) had their hair loose, or loose mixed with braids, and once in a while the wealthy class did too. But I could very well be wrong, I have not studied this specifically. I’ll look into it. If you’re right, I’m going to be disappointed. ๐Ÿ™ xD I have always thought women having their hair loose and flowing/wavy to be one of the more beautiful ways they could have it, so I was wanting this character to have her hair that way (or at least a mix of braids and loose).

As for head coverings, women wearing wimples was highly common for married women, but not highly common for unmarried women. Some noblewomen would always where head covering regardless of marital status, but some would not.

I looked through that character description game y’all had, I love seeing all the ways writersย  can describe a person. ๐Ÿ™‚

Pin It on Pinterest