fb

Reply To: Hello everyone!

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Hello everyone! Reply To: Hello everyone!

Rose
@rose-colored-fancy

@joy-caroline

Ooh, a fantasy trilogy! I feel like my writing consists more of standalones, but I’d love to try a series sometime.

Well, it wasn’t originally supposed to be a series XD I just didn’t plan properly so I had to adjust accordingly. So far, it’s fun though! I want to try standalone in the future since I find an entire trilogy to be quite daunting XD

I’m pretty much just adding a ton of fun fantasy elements. I am changing names, though. Although some of them aren’t too drastic – for example, the character who represents Samuel is named Shamuel. XD I felt like adding that extra letter made the name seem more fantasy-ish.

Ooh, that’s cool! It’s actually interesting, so far as I know, Shamuel is actually closer to the Hebrew pronunciation XD (Which would be something like Shmuel, I think)

Classics:

I’ve read a lot of those! I loved the Anne of Green Gables series, I’ve read all of them except Anne of Ingleside. (I had trouble getting that one) I love L.M Montgomery’s style and all the characters! My favorite books were Anne of the Island and Anne’s House of Dreams. I loved Lesley and Phil in those, they were such fascinating characters!

I also loved her duology “The Story Girl.” and “The Golden Road” It was awesome!

Have you read all four books in the “Little Women” series? I also really enjoyed “Little Men” and “Jo’s Boys”! Not so much for the original characters, who lost some of their personality, but more for the new ones. Dan was my absolute favorite. He didn’t deserve what happened.

I’d say my other favorite classics include:

• Great Expectations
  • The Railway Children
  • The Scarlet Pimpernel series
  • A Little Princess

Historical fiction:

I really liked the American girl books! They give you interesting insights into everyday life in those periods.

I’ve been wanting to read Esperanza Rising! Would you recommend it?

I really love Jennifer Nielsen’s historicals! Resistance is my favorite, but the others are pretty good too! They’re impeccably researched and cover some interesting periods.

I also really liked the book “Second Fiddle” by Rosanne Parry. It’s more obscure but it was really well written, with interesting characters and a cool plot! It covers the time right after the Berlin wall, so I guess it’s technically historical? XD

Rifles for Watie was also excellent!

Fantasy:

I’ve never read either of those, though of course, I know about Narnia.

My favorite fantasies include but are not limited to:

• The False Prince by Jennifer Nielsen
  • The Letter for the King Duology by Tonke Dragt (Not to be confused with the Netflix series!! I’m still mad at Netflix for messing up such a great series.)
  • Ranger’s Apprentice and Brotherband Chronicles by John Flanagan
  • Does the Hunger Games count as Fantasy? Well, I’m putting it in here XD

That Biblical fiction series sounds really interesting! I don’t read Biblical fiction that often, but I did enjoy Lynn Austin’s Zacharia, Ezra, Nehemiah series.

Without darkness, there is no light. If there was no nighttime, would the stars be as bright?

Pin It on Pinterest