fb

Reply To: Howdy, all.

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Howdy, all. Reply To: Howdy, all.

Fitz
@fitz

@olivia

Haha, ya, I guess that’s exactly what stories are too. xD So I suppose the only differences between songs and stories are that songs have music and are shorter.

Pretty much, unless you are Tolkein, then half of your story is song anyway XD.

xD That’s hilarious! We don’t get much rain in the summer, which makes so the forest gets really dry. There are often forest fires in the summer because of it, and last summer, my whole town and the ones surrounding it got evacuated because of one that was out of control for a while.

Yeah, every few years California decides to spontaneously combust. Never had to evac myself, but I was right below the line that did, and I have seen the fires crawl across the mountains right next to us.

So we’re opposite! I find it much harder public speaking than singing, or at least now that I’ve been singing in front of people for years. Though it’s always singing with other people, so I’m backed up. So it’s not quite the same as public speaking for me, since with public speaking, I don’t have backups.

I have a really hard time projecting/hearing my own voice with a group, in top of being nervous, so singing with other other people is the worst of both worlds for me XD To be clear, if I am speaking like in a presentation, I can get nervous and my voice will speed up. But between my large family and being raised by a marine, general interactions with a crowd come naturally to me.

Sometimes I change up songs a bit, but mostly just by sliding into the notes or adding little trills here and there. Nothing major. But I guess that’s my way of changing them, versus changing them a lot when I sing them. It’s cool that you do that though. I don’t listen to metal at all, though my brother listens to some, along with rock, so I hear it sometimes. But I generally like listening to Christian worship music, some pop, and a bunch of other types that I’m not sure what you’d call.

It’s kinda fun to play with the sounds and style’s that way, you should try it XD I listen to a lot of different music, EDM, hip-hop/rap, metal (heavy, symphonic, power…), rock (classic, soft, hard, alternative…) classical, jazz, swing/big-band, oldies, folk/world (which includes sea shanties)… Honestly, the only kind of music I don’t like is anything that is too discordant (such as death metal or some of the harder dubstep) or that is simply too crass (which, unfortunately includes a lot of rap). If you give me an example of what song you listen to, I can <i>probably</i> tell you its genre, lol.

It is indeed! I’ve definitely gotten better since I started writing a few years ago, so even though I don’t feel amazing or anything, it’s nice looking back and seeing the progress. I’m actually considering starting a blog soon. Or as soon as I sit down and take the time to set it up and everything. xP I’ve been really busy lately. I’m actually on the very last scene in my story! I have been for a while, since I haven’t taken much time for writing lately, but I’m hoping to finish it in the next week.

Hey, that is super exciting! Congratulations! And it is ok to take your time, especially in this stage.

I ended up ditching this story at the beginning because I was never really into it. And the last and current one I’m writing is a speculative fiction that I believe I already told you about. xD

There have been a lot of projects I have dropped and haven’t finished, but they all still improved and developed my own skill along the way.

Pin It on Pinterest