fb

Reply To: Controversial Topics

Forums Fiction Themes Controversial Topics Reply To: Controversial Topics

Brian Stansell
@obrian-of-the-surface-world

@this-is-not-an-alien

Hi Cathy,

Your quote:

(honestly if I buy a book that cusses I’ll mark out every single foul word with a pen. It’s very therapeutic :D)

I do that exact thing. My Tom Clancy novels were always “sanitized” by the time I read through them. You know, I found out that I did not miss a single thing EVER when I re-read through every sentence and omitted the blacked-out word. It is total pointless to be profane.  Every emotion can be rendered without resorting to gutter talk.

Could either of these verses be what you were thinking of?
12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: [Ephesians 4:12 KJV]
1 Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God. [2 Corinthians 7:1 KJV]

One question I would have about purgatory is this.

When Jesus told the thief that asked for mercy on the cross next to Him in Luke 23:43, “Assuredly, I say to you, today you will be with Me in Paradise” do you think Jesus meant Purgatory?  How can that be reconciled? Is Jesus in Purgatory? Was He mistaken. I’m sorry, I just cannot find a basis for a post-crucifixion holding area for the redeemed who belief by faith in Jesus and accept Him as savior.

The righteousness that we receive is imputed by Christ completion of the payment for it.  If we accept Him we get His payment applied to our sin debt for all of our past, present and future sins, and in exchange He awakens our Spirit from spiritual death and allows us to commune directly with Him and His Holy Spirit dwells within us to guide us into taking back territories in our heart where sin once had a stronghold.  It is the Lordship walk and the working out of our salvation that Paul refers to in Philippians 2:12.  The war for our specific soul is over, but in victory the declaration must be declared to the regions that still need to be surrendered to that affirmative claim of Christ’s victory.  This is why Paul admits to his personal internal struggle of yielding all things under Christ’s authority.  (Romans 7:23-25)

We who are the redeemed are covered in Christ’s righteousness as Romans 3 says:

25 Whom God hath set forth [to be] a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; 26 To declare, , at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus. [Romans 3:25-26 KJV]

We are made perfect in Him, which is why He says to Abide in Him.  The Lordship walk is yielding to Him.

That

Brian Stansell (aka O'Brian of the Surface World)
I was born in war.
Fighting from my first breath.

Pin It on Pinterest