fb

Reply To: Howdy Al!

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Howdy Al! Reply To: Howdy Al!

Rose
@rose-colored-fancy

@noah-cochran

If you’re talking in story structure language, then probably the midpoint. The midpoint to me is one of my favorite sections of a well written book. It can hold big events or plot twists, and is usually the turning point for the characters internal journey; the time where they start trying to fix their flaws. I am actually more excited about the midpoint than the climax (not to say I’m not excited about the climax as well), though I know many people are climax enthusiasts (including my sister), which is understandable.

I’m totally a midpoint person! If I’m reading or watching something and the midpoint comes and goes without something happening, I’m disappointed. I don’t care that much about the climax, except when it’s especially good. In my genres, it’s usually some epic battle that I lose interest in somewhere halfway XD

I usually put at least one subversion/plot twist in my plots. (Though, I usually end up with a lot of smaller points that jerk the plot in an entirely different direction.)

I love the smaller plot twist that just seem normal and then everything just clicksIt’s glorious if I succeed 😉 (I enjoy foreshadowing way too much)

I am also really looking forward to writing the early chapters and exhibiting my protagonist’s flaws and skills (first plot point and first half of the second act).

That part is always so much fun! I’ve noticed I tend to take a long time in the setup, mostly because I have a lot of stuff to establish, and I still struggle with being concise and interesting in setup. (Though I think I’m improving!)

What part are you most looking forward to in your writing?

Hmm, usually, when I get started, I have extremely vivid images of a few scenes. They’re not even important, sometimes it’s just the fun little tension-relief moments in between, but I always look forward to them so much.

Right now, I have a lovely, dramatic confrontation scene between the protagonist and one of the villains that I’m really looking forward to. (Mostly because it features that specific villain and I love writing her so much. She’s the kind of character that deserves a side novel XD)

And I’m getting really close to the All is lost, and it’s going to be glorious because I have so many plans for how to kick my heroes while they’re down. It’s going to be terrible!! Isn’t that great!? XD (I actually (almost) feel bad about it. Kinda.)

Anyway, I’m also looking forward to going back to book 1 and rewriting. I’ve rewritten all of act 1, and I find I actually really enjoy rewriting. It isn’t as stressful as drafting, and the results are way more satisfying.

Oh, and for book 1, I also have to write all of the second half of the second act. Because the first draft didn’t have that. At all. Yeah, I don’t know why either. Anyway, that’ll be cool 🙂

• This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by Rose.

Without darkness, there is no light. If there was no nighttime, would the stars be as bright?

Pin It on Pinterest