fb

Reply To: Controversial Topics

Forums Fiction Themes Controversial Topics Reply To: Controversial Topics

Neasa
@irishcelticredflowercrown

@this-is-not-an-alien

Whoa! Yay! You’re the first fellow Catholic I’ve meet here too! Who’s your favorite saint? Have you been confirmed yet? How did you find a spiritual director, if you don’t mind my asking? XD

Really? Wow, I’m very privileged to be the first Catholic writer you interacted with here. I have always wanted to meet a fellow Catholic author and now that’s come true. Yay! May I ask, and I hope you don’t mind answering this but, are you looking at any particular publishers or agents? Because I know for sure that ones that are friendly towards Catholics and Christians are in a very small number. Apart from JRR Tolkien, I have not come across many mainstream Catholic authors, let alone publishers. So what are your plans? Are you considering self-publishing at all?

Soo my patron saints are St Augustine of Hippo and St Clare of Assisi. They’re so cool, I aspire to be just like them 🙂 I love how St Augustine started off as someone addicted to sex and pleasure, and became one of the greatest Catholic theologians and writers in the world! And I also adore St Maria Goretti, St Cecilia, St Lucis of Syracuse and St Dymphna. You can google them yourself, they’re not hard to find, but yeah I’m a big fan of the saints XD And what about you? Who are your favourites?

I actually got confirmed when I was twelve. In Ireland, all Catholic primary schools do confirmations in the final year. I think its bad in a way, because its lost its holiness. People use it as excuse to throw parties and to get drunk etc. How old were you when you got confirmed?

As for my first spiritual director well, it’s an interesting story. I went to a Catholic high school (mind you its only Catholic in name 🙁 ) and he was employed by my school to teach my class religion. I just remember being incredibly intrigued by him, because he was a youngish married man who was also on fire with the faith. He had this joy that I couldn’t comprehend. I wasn’t religious at all before he came – he’s the reason I discovered my faith and accepted Jesus as my Lord and Saviour. He challenged me on my views and opinions (I’m embarrassed to say that I was almost indoctrinated by the feminist movement yikes) and he pushed me to go on youth retreats and pilgrimages. We climbed Croagh Patrick as a group, it was honestly the most stressful thing I ever endured. I literally crawled up and down the mountain on my bum, everyone was laughing at me haha XD.

But honestly he’s just the greatest gift I ever received from God. My friend was a self-professed atheist and now she is super Catholic. He changed my life in so many ways, and I don’t know where I would be if God had not used him to bring me back to the faith! 🙂

If you’re interested, he was actually interviewed by Matt Fradd on Pints with Aquinas a few weeks ago so he’s a bit of celeb now haha XD. He literally made me bawl my eyes out in this video, his story is just amazing. Here’s the link! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViQzgPr68rQ

P.S. I have another spiritual director now, him and his wife are just lovely 🙂

Pin It on Pinterest