fb

Reply To: Needing Christian Writer Friends

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Needing Christian Writer Friends Reply To: Needing Christian Writer Friends

Brian Stansell
@obrian-of-the-surface-world

@sparrowhawke

I really do understand.  I have lived through those seeming contradictions many, many times.  But you know something? God never makes mistakes in His designs.  Too often we misunderstand the purposes for them because we are myopically stuck in our moments.  God doesn’t expect us to figure it all out.  He just wants us to rely on Him and trust Him even when we don’t understand.  He has a clean and consistent track record, even if no other human in our world does.  He promises never to leave or forsake us, even if it seems that everyone else does.
You know one of the signs of trust and contentment is being able to relax in someone else’s presence without ever feeling the pressure to even say a word.  Just to relax being in the same room, know they are there, but not feeling that you have to perform for them to feel accepted by them.  That is what Jesus wants us to do sometimes. Just relax and be content knowing that He is there and He has already made up His mind about you, stating that He loves you and that You were purposed just to be exactly as you are.  Yes, He wants us to be aware of Him, to talk with Him, and realize that there is no one else in this world we have to pursue but Him.  Scripture tells us in Romans 5:8 that He demonstrated His love for us even while we were still sinning.  We too often forget that God is omniscient.  That there is no new information that He will ever discover or receive about us that will make Him love us any less.  Romans 8:31-35 is so powerful once you realize that this is about you.  Never was there ever such a perfect Father who dotes upon His children and greatly desires to give each of us gifts and lift us up to shine with the talents He invested in us.  The purpose of prayer and confession is a human exercise that allows us to agree with God that He desires us.  Hebrews 2:6-8 and Psalms 8:4-6 are mirror verses that are statements of wonder at how Our Creator loves and elevates us.  The biggest problem we face is the distractions that lure us away from internalizing those truths.  When we disregard the Lord or set Him aside to pursue ‘other things’ we are the ones that cause a perception of distance because we think God cannot still love us.  But prayer and confession to Him reestablish our minds to seek and receive the forgiveness we are freely and continually offered.

The weirdness we perceive to be in ourselves is our unique design.  You are a one-of-a-kind puzzle piece that helps complete the beautiful picture God is putting together.  God sometimes let’s us experience a handicap or a visual impairment so that we can speak life into the life of others who no nothing else but their suffering.  If God allows me to be weak, it is because He wants to fill in the gap and prove to the word the truth of these words:

22 To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all [men], that I might by all means save some. [1 Corinthians 9:22 KJV]

There is nothing more powerful than a person who lets the Lord use them in spite of their weakness.

Truly it is said:

27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; [1 Corinthians 1:27 KJV]

Mankind’s standards and way of thinking leads to destruction, so we need not be concerned with what “the world” tells us about ourselves, when Your Redeemer, The Truth-Speaker says He is Your Designer and Your Strength.
So, My Dear @sparrowhawke, I will tell you like God told Gideon (Judges 6:12): “Arise Woman of Valor, Mighty Warrior!” God has called you to great tasks ahead of you.
Let your confidence come from Him.  Let that relationship be primary in your heart, and it will well up and overflow outward into all of your other horizontal relationships among family and friends.  When you are immersed in such perfect love as He has, you cannot help but have Him spill over into the hearts and lives you influence for Him.
You are purposed and you are loved, Daughter of The Most High, let no one ever sway you from that Truth.

God equips those He calls.
10 The one who descended is also the one who ascended far above all the heavens, to fill all things. 11 And he himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, some pastors and teachers, 12 equipping the saints for the work of ministry, to build up the body of Christ, [Ephesians 4:10-12 CSB]

It is not in self-effort or pulling yourself up to “do better”, but in yielding to His Spirit in You to do amazing things through you.

Brian Stansell (aka O'Brian of the Surface World)
I was born in war.
Fighting from my first breath.

Pin It on Pinterest