fb

Reply To: Howdy, all.

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Howdy, all. Reply To: Howdy, all.

@fitz

Huh, strange. Hopefully it didn’t delete anything long term.

Haha, it’s true. Even if I did play more video games, I’d stick with the old ones that I know and like verses taking the time to find new ones.

That’s such a cool quote! It’s not always the case for me, but it is sometimes. Especially when it comes to me not writing songs. (I know that’s a little different, but it’s still a form of writing.) Writing songs is one of my ways of expressing my feelings and getting them out into the open, and when I write them, it helps me work through whatever I’m feeling. So on that thought, if I didn’t write them, I’d probably end up feeling pain of some kind if I didn’t express myself in that way. Cool thought. 🙂

In the winter here in Northwestern Ontario where I live, we skate and play hockey all the time. My brother and I usually play hockey with our friends at the outdoor rink a couple times a week, sometimes more. It’s so much fun! Those are some of my favourite times in the winter and even somewhat in the entire year. When I skate it makes me feel like I’m flying. 🙂 I love it so much. The funny part is that I’ve only ever been to a couple hockey games, mostly because I’d rather play hockey than watch it. But the ones I’ve been to were pretty fun, though I did get a little restless watching for hours. (Most because when I’d see the players, I’d just want to jump up and join them. xD Haha, though I’m definitely not good enough to play with them.)

Ya, even though I’m definitely extroverted, I always like my alone time too. I mostly don’t have to recharge by myself, but at least once a week I have to take some time for myself. Usually it consists of me finding some quiet place outside when no one’s around and singing my heart out. I love singing, but I don’t prefer to sing in front of my family when everyone’s around, so I mostly sing quietly and hum when I’m with people. Lol, but the funny thing is that I lead worship at church once a month and I’m the lead singer and I don’t mind it. I think it’s because I’m not singing alone, since the whole congregation is singing with me.

Ya, I can get that. Music really does take a lot of time and dedication. I just finished my… *thinks for a bit* either sixth or seventh year of piano, I think. I’m not sure how many years I took piano when I was younger, but I think it’s about that in total. But yes, it’s a lot of work!

I have a mix of interests when it comes to writing. I enjoy writing short stories, mostly about funny things that have happened to me in my life, and poems when I don’t feel like sitting down to work on my longer stories. But currently I am just finishing the first draft of a story that’s about 40,000 words long, I think. I’d have to check to be sure, but it’s around there. It’s a speculative fiction piece, following the story of eleven-year-old Justin, who was separated from his twin sister at birth and then works to find her when he’s older and finds out about his past. It’s basically the story of how they meet and become fast friends over a summer together when they hang out just about constantly. It’s a story of friendship, love, and sacrifice.

What writing interests do you have?

Even the smallest person can change the course of the future. -JRR Tolkien

Pin It on Pinterest