fb

Reply To: Completely Useless Character Game

Forums Fiction Characters Completely Useless Character Game Reply To: Completely Useless Character Game

Brian Stansell
@obrian-of-the-surface-world

@lonathecat

Hi Lona,

I would like to clarify something that I did not unpack.

I also don’t understand how you are comparing degrees of curses. Although I’m not a mother, I think that preganacy and giving birth are quite a lot of pain. Additionally, if we’re taking the curses in Genesis literally, I think women are only slightly less affected by Adam’s curse: the hardening of the soil.

Many people miss the full import of what Adam’s curse actually was.

17 And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed [is] the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat [of] it all the days of thy life; 18 Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field; 19 In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou [art], and unto dust shalt thou return. [Genesis 3:17-19 KJV]

What many fail to realize is Adam’s curse was “Death” (unto dust shalt thou return) and all born of human males will inherit this death.  Which is why the scripture says:
22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. [1 Corinthians 15:22 KJV]

This is also why Mary had to be a Virgin so that Christ would not be born under the curse of Adam.  Every sickness, everything bringing death is because of Adam’s volitional choice to disobey God.  Also all enemies that arise to thwart his ability to work and make provision for himself and his family are also part of his curse.  All enemies to productivity arise because of Adam’s sin.  (This is the thorn and thistle curse expanded.) All of the entire earth’s ground is cursed and experiences cataclysm because of Adam’s sin.  All things under his dominion (Genesis 1:26) suffer because of him.  This is also why the book of Romans says:
22 For we know that all creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time. 23 And we believers also groan, even though we have the Holy Spirit within us as a foretaste of future glory, for we long for our bodies to be released from sin and suffering. We, too, wait with eager hope for the day when God will give us our full rights as his adopted children, including the new bodies he has promised us. [Romans 8:22-23 NLT]

It awaits the restoration of mankind and the curse of Adam to be lifted completely.

Does that help unpack what I meant by Adam having the greater penalty for his sin?  The seed of woman (Messiah Jesus) crushed the head of the serpent (Satan).

Brian Stansell (aka O'Brian of the Surface World)
I was born in war.
Fighting from my first breath.

Pin It on Pinterest