fb

Reply To: Completely Useless Character Game

Forums Fiction Characters Completely Useless Character Game Reply To: Completely Useless Character Game

Brian Stansell
@obrian-of-the-surface-world

@lonathecat

@irishcelticredflowercrown

Lona and Neasa,

May I respectfully and in a kind gentlemanly way intrude upon thy tête-à-tête?

Lona wrote:

The other day when I asked one of my guy friends how he would respond if he were in my character’s position, he told me he would punch something and I immediately thought “NOOOOO TIS NOT GENTLEMANLY” XD.

Neasa wrote:

I know right, its so annoying that most male characters are just – not – gents Ya I think a lot of boys and men nowadays are under the impression that they don’t need to be gentlemen, its ridiculous

There is another side to the behavioral patterns of modern men that I humbly offer, if I may since I am very proudly a member of that often vilified gender.

In this modern age, more than any other time in history, there is an upheaval and a shifting of general perceptions on what a male should be.  Lost are the true ideas of chivalry, where males were praised for physically defending the honor of a slighted female.
Modern dictionaries merely state that chivalry is:
“very polite, honest, and kind behaviour, especially by men towards women”

They often fail to include the term “valor” which is an outward and physical expression of male might.  The physicality aspect of males has been relegated to only sports activities and suborned from showing up in any other context of their lives.  Men are blamed entirely for the world’s ills, which they do share a part in (See Adam’s fall & 1 Corinthians 15:22, 43-58), but they cannot be entirely blamed for it, because both sinned, even though Adam (and all born of man) received the wider curse because of his awareness rather than deception.

[1Ti 2:14 NLT] And it was not Adam who was deceived by Satan. The woman was deceived, and sin was the result.

Young boys are routinely reprimanded for natural expressions of their physical nature in instances that do not involve harming someone else.
What I am saying is sometimes boys play rough as a natural expression of growing into manhood.  They used to be praised for these physical tests.  Think of bucks (deer, elk, moose) that lock antlers, or young rams that practice butting one another.  You can see that those things are put into them naturally by God, and no one things to condemn this.
Did you know that males have the highest rates of suicide?
Here is a short online video of what is happening, at least in the US to boys.
I would love to hear what you both think about it.
The War on Boys – https://youtu.be/OFpYj0E-yb4

Brian Stansell (aka O'Brian of the Surface World)
I was born in war.
Fighting from my first breath.

Pin It on Pinterest