fb

Reply To: Howdy Al!

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Howdy Al! Reply To: Howdy Al!

Brian Stansell
@obrian-of-the-surface-world

@noah-cochran

Noah,

I thought I’d mention G.K. Chesterton as a good faith-based author to check out.
I believe he wrote the “Father Brown” mystery novels.

I have a book deal (with WestBow Press, a division of Thomas Nelson Publishing) awaiting completion of my manuscript which I began writing as a Blog back in July 2017.  The story is online, but I am going back and editing (in stealth) each Chapter post.
Probably not the best way to do this, but it has been a kind of “Gideon’s fleece” before the Lord to give me some accountability to “finish what I started”.  I am an incurable panster who had to write through to find “the story”.  Also, I am married and have a 8-6pm day job in the corporate world of Medical Device companies.  Had to grab a minute here and there, between responsibilities that actually produce a “now” income.  Am finally getting back to writing again, after what I call my “Jonah Journey”, because God’s calling persists,…and I am afraid I am being tracked by a rogue whale. 😉
I have the full uncut drafts of Books 1 and 2 out on my WordPress Blog, linked in my Story Embers profile page.
I have, for better or worse, been recording and performing audio scenes as MP3 files of “the novel” along with my “2nd, 3rd,…48th?”…stealth pass of editing the online work.  I don’t promote the site too much because it IS still being edited, and I reserve the right to “change” or omit what doesn’t seem to work right yet or “fit”.  I sometimes chase rabbits like a bull terrier… 😉

I initially wrote it as a kind of devotional using a made-up fantasy story as a vehicle to deliver what God was revealing to me about me.  Eventually, the story became something more than just that.
I always want to encourage Christian writers to stay with it and pursue God’s glory by exploring the talent God gave them.  I want them to avoid the wasted years of a “Jonah Journey,” if they can.  Kingdom seeking by following Jesus and learning how He loves us and others should be the priority for us.  Sharing that needs to come from a personal and real place in us as we abide in Him.

Its time that message got out through any and all means necessary. God tells me that it is time I shared like He did. In parables.

Brian Stansell (aka O'Brian of the Surface World)
I was born in war.
Fighting from my first breath.

Pin It on Pinterest