fb

Reply To: Controversial Topics

Forums Fiction Themes Controversial Topics Reply To: Controversial Topics

Brian Stansell
@obrian-of-the-surface-world

Hi Cathy,

You have correctly guessed that I am an Evangelical Christian, but you may be surprised to learn that we are not as different as one viewing from outside of our faith might suppose.  We do agree on much and most of the essentials, and we do serve the God of the Bible, and believe that Jesus was God come in the flesh as 1 John 4:2-3 states is the declaratory “litmus test” of authentic faith.

I highly suspect that once we no longer “see through the glass darkly” (1 Corinthians 13:12) many of the labels that seem to divide us will fall away as we are unified in Jesus.  I know there are many Protestants that make assumptions about Catholics and vice versa, but I know that often it keeps us from finding the delight of our common purpose.  To shine His light into the world together.

I consider you my sister-in-Christ, not because of any earthly label our clergy ascribes to us, but because we share the same Father in Heaven.

I am certain I can and will learn from you and as the scripture affirms in Proverbs 27:17 I will most certainly be sharpened by the experience.

Thank you for sharing your passion for Truth.  Thank you for challenging me to communicate with more clarity.

I welcome your input and your admonishments to keep me on track and aligned with scripture and not my own “thinking”.

I tend to be self-referential sometimes when I read or hear something.  Often times I am coming from having read or heard something else in “media” and need to unpack to perceive without my own filter.

May the Lord Bless You for Reminding Me Too!

Brian Stansell (aka O'Brian of the Surface World)
I was born in war.
Fighting from my first breath.

Pin It on Pinterest