fb

Reply To: Controversial Topics

Forums Fiction Themes Controversial Topics Reply To: Controversial Topics

Cathy
@this-is-not-an-alien

I am speaking of the “fallen condition” when I say “basic”, and since Marx was an atheist, and mocked faith by declaring that “religion is the opiate of the masses”, Marx’s referential idea of “basic human condition” does comport with what we know is “the fallen condition in the flesh”. (Romans 3:9-24)

Oh yes! Then I agree completely, thank you for clarifying <3. I’d just always been taught most non-Catholic Christians believed humanity was essentially bad and I wasn’t sure if that was true or just a misconception, I probably wouldn’t have been bothered by the phrase if I hadn’t had that idea in the back of my mind XD.

But the evil done to mankind by mankind’s choice to sin is not good, which is why we needed a Redeemer.  One who was not born under the curse of Adam, which is why the virgin birth was necessary to arise not through the “seed of man”, but in the Holy Spirit’s comingling with “the seed of woman”, who had been deceived by Satan’s guile.  Not so, the man.  Adam committed a series of sins that led to him receiving the greater curse. For one, he was specifically given the charge concerning the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil, yet rather than avoid it, he took Eve over there and hung out by it.

Yes, I’d hear that before that while Eve was the first one to eat the apple Adam sinned before that by failing to protect her the same way priests have the duty to protect their flock from false teachings and in the same way Catholics have a duty to teach the Faith to others.

But I fear that somehow your pure and undivided devotion to Christ will be corrupted, just as Eve was deceived by the cunning ways of the serpent. 4 You happily put up with whatever anyone tells you, even if they preach a different Jesus than the one we preach, or a different kind of Spirit than the one you received, or a different kind of gospel than the one you believed. [2 Corinthians 11:3-4 NLT]

Then I see things as good too liberally? I am prone to getting so caught up in others’ emotions and ideas I forget the objective facts. And I am quite gullible; seeing new things and new people as good first and being wary only afterward. I see your point I think; that I sympathize so much I forget how to objectively discern the Truth and I should be unequivocal and firm both in my Faith and in explaining it to others. That we should be “as wise as serpents and as gentle as doves”
I didn’t mean “His Truth” like a relative point I just wanted to emphasize anything true I said wasn’t mine to keep or claim because He gave it to me and He’s the only Truth. I shouldn’t have said it like that I completely forgot how close that sounded to the “subjective reality” bug going around and I should’ve been much more clear XD. Thank you for correcting me, that would’ve been a really bad thing for me to say around someone who could’ve been convinced by it. And I should be careful not only to speak clearly but to think clearly and not let myself get caught up in ideas like that, thank you for reminding me to keep focused on God, the Way, the Truth and the Life, the only One.
Thank you and God bless, my big brother! <3

Don't let the voices in your head drive you insane;only some of them can drive; most are underage

Pin It on Pinterest