fb

Reply To: Hello everyone!

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Hello everyone! Reply To: Hello everyone!

katie02
@katie02

@lonathecat… sorry I’m just now seeing this! I’ve been really discouraged in my recent writing of this book and have taken a break from it, but seeing these comments make me want to get back to writing it! So thank you!

Favorite historical time period? Yikes! That’s hard. Perhaps Reformation times and the World Wars. Really all of history. I love finding out little bits of God’s amazing providence in stories that are not well known. History is so fascinating!

Thank you so much for taking the time to read that chapter and give your opinion! E.B.B. was a fun character to write and I considered at first writing the book all from his own perspective (he was the first character I had made before I even knew the story’s plot), but as I fleshed out where the story was going, there was just too much of the plot that he wasn’t around for or wouldn’t have known about. Hence the introduction. But he will have his own place, and a right good long one at that, complete with his own peculiar descriptions and way of speaking. 🙂 I think my favorite lines of his so far are: “I’d had an earache all night, well, two of ’em, since like other normal folks I’ve got two ears, and my nose was pouring most like the Niagara all the way to the office.” Sometimes characters almost seem to write themselves. Do you ever get that feeling?

Oooh… good!!! That was exactly what I wanted the readers to notice about the girl. Completely what I was going for! 🙂

Hmm… no idea where I came up with that, and never realized I did that either.

Anyways, this comment made my day. I’m off to writing!

Pin It on Pinterest